West Texas Rancher William J. Lewis, a native of Maryland, and his wife, Willie (Newberry) of Dallas had the House constructed from 1915 to1917. Designed by architect Hal Thomson and Marion Fooshee, it features influences of English Georgian and French Renaissance styling.
In 1921, the home was purchased by George E. Aldredge, a prominent banker. He and his wife Rena (Munger) were active civic leaders and major contributors to the arts. In 1974, Mrs. Aldredge and her family gave the House to the Dallas County Medical Society Alliance Foundation to be used as its headquarters.